Monday 6 July 2020

Blue Jay bird



Once you start trying to draw birds/animals, you will get eagerness to try new birds,animals, colorful objects etc. That is power of color pencils..
Till this time, i didnt believe a simple water color pencil can create such a beautiful drawings.. 
But when you google and see people's artwork with color pencil, you will understand that you can create magic with simple pencils.
I neither took any step-step pics nor video for these drawings as i didnt have idea of blogging when i drew this..
I couldn't get realistic output here as i didnt have white color pencil in my early pencil set.
I used whitener for snow in tree.

But Basic steps are here,

1. Draw an outline with norma pencil (you can spend more time to draw neat bird outline as this is important step).
2. Shade base layer color with light pressure
3. Shade dark color pencil over base color wherever required.
4. Coloring each feather individually with different layers will create good effect.

On how to shade pencil with different pressure to get lighter & darker version of colors, you can refer video in my YouTube channel.. 

I took reference picture from Pinterest and you can access the same with below link;


I will soon draw a new bird with color pencil and launch tutorial in my YouTube channel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment