Monday 6 July 2020

Colorful Macaw


This is the first drawing which i tried with color pencil.
First time i got 24pc set of Faber Castell water color pencil and i didnt learn basics of water  color pencil.
But when i started to draw birds with color pencil, it gave better result than that of oil pastel.
I didnt try for any blending as this is my first try with color pencil.

Basic steps are.
1. Draw thin outline of bird with all feather marking using your normal color pencil.
2. Shade base color of bird with light pressure; eg here light blue color in feather
3. Layer the dark or next color over the base layer to blend both colors; eg; Dark blue over light blue color
4. Outline feathers with darker colors.
5. Shade background of bird to create good effects.

You can imagine above steps from below pictures which i took it without any plan,



On how to shade pencil with different pressure to get lighter & darker version of colors, you can refer video in my YouTube channel. 


I took reference picture from Pinterest and you can access the same with below link;


I will soon draw a new bird with color pencil and launch tutorial in my YouTube channel.

0 comments:

Post a Comment